Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A New Year and a new me!

This is NOT a resolution...this is a lifestyle change. My name is Sara, I'm 5'8" and I weigh (gulp) 165 pounds. I'm not "overweight", but I definitely feel unhealthy. I have that extra baby weight (my son is now almost 6) that I just never got off. I am still 10 pounds heavier than before I had him. I've found it is so hard to be a stay at home mom and not snack all day and eat off of his plate whatever he doesn't finish. It's so much easier to warm up leftovers for lunch than make myself a healthy salad or sandwich. So, I've decided that I'm going to change my eatting and exercising habits starting today! My goal weight is 145 pounds!

My exercise routine is currently no existent. I was doing great up until the holidays. I went to the gym or went on my treadmill 3-5 days a week. I did between 30 and 50 minutes of cardio and alternate days of free weight or universal weights. One day I work my legs, the next day I work my arms. I always work my abs (which really need it). Once I kick this pneumonia, I'm pledging to be active or exercise 3-5 days a week again. By being active, I mean that if I don't go to the gym, I'll go skiing.

My eatting habits fluctuate. One week I'm doing really well, and the next week I blow it! I'm the type that jumps into a diet real well and then get frustrated figuring out the foods and new recipes. Once I hit my goal weight, I'm going to follow a healthy maintenance plan from South Beach or Weight Watchers. Although, I really believe that if you eat what you want (within reason) and watch the portion size, that you should be okay. So. To get myself of to a good start, I'm going to be eatting Lean Cuisine or Weight Watchers frozen meals with salads. I'll be snacking on healthy foods. I think the key to losing weight is eatting every 3-4 hours to keep your metabolism going.

So, I plan to post a daily food journal. If I have to write it down everyday, I might think more about what I'm eatting. And, I can look back to see my diet and what changes I might have to make - good or bad.

I'll be weighing myself on Wednesdays, so be sure to check in to see how I'm doing. And, I'll be posting pictures along the way.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ss_blog_claim=70e5184a19dc62497650748be0a36b36 ss_blog_claim=70e5184a19dc62497650748be0a36b36