Saturday, January 3, 2009

Good old fashioned family fun...

Last Night we decided to take the family (my mom, my grandma, LT and dad) to the Binghamton Senators hockey game. What a great time! We arrived at the game approximate 10 minutes after it started. Terry secured us great seats! From the minute we arrived, the game was loaded with action. These were two teams who were on a mission to prove themselves! The game was loaded with fights - something you don't really see anymore. While I didn't really love LT seeing the fighting, it was fun! The guys were intense. Binghamton scored four awesome goals and stopped Houston from scoring any. The game was over and it was exciting.

However, not quite as exciting as after the game. After the game they let anyone who had skates with them (we had ours) skate on the ice with the players. LT was SO excited. I thought the little guy was going to jump out of his skin. We went out with him and it was great. The players all skated around with markers...signing our jerseys and LT's hood. The joy on his face was priceless. What five year old little boy wouldn't be excited to skate with his "favorite" hockey team. Mom (that's me) took lots of pictures with him and all of the players. We are going to frame them and put them up in his room - which he has informed me needs to be changed into a hockey/sports room.

Our world is filled with electronic stuff - t.v.'s, hand held and console video games, computers, cell phones, etc. Family's need to take time to be together away from a television. It's important to spend quality time together. This game didn't cost us a lot of money to attend, it's a farm team for the Ottawa Senator's. Find a farm team or local minor league team and buy your family some tickets to a game! Enjoy a night out together away from e-mail, away from t.v., away from your cell phone.

Maybe that should be everyone's resolution! Spend more quality time with your kids - you'll be rewarded when you look at the smile on their faces!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading through your blog, My aunt and Unlce lived in Binghamton for years then moved to Owego, and now they live in Texas near me. I have fond memories of the area, and my girls and I all have buttons that say we rode every carousel in the area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine...I'm really excited about starting this blog. I hope you check in frequently as I have many ideas!

    ReplyDelete

 
ss_blog_claim=70e5184a19dc62497650748be0a36b36 ss_blog_claim=70e5184a19dc62497650748be0a36b36